Friday, January 4, 2013

Relieving Stress with Tea

I adore coffee, but sometimes I also desire a nice cup of tea in the evening to help me unwind. Tea usually doesn't keep me up at night since the teas that do have caffeine in them tend to not have a lot.

Today I came across a great article on teas that are supposed to help relieve stress. To read the original article visit: http://coffeetea.about.com/od/Coffee-Tea-Health/tp/Teas-For-Stress.htm

The teas that they recommend for stress relief are:
Chamomile Tea
Mint Tea
Catnip Tea
Linden Tea
Valerian Root Tea
Lavender Tea
Ginseng Tea
Kava Tea
Passionflower Tea
Lemon Verbena Tea

Now I haven't tried all of the above teas, but for the ones that I have tried, they do have a relaxing effect on me.

My favorite tea that has Chamomile in it is the Get some Zzz's Tea by The Republic of Tea. This tea also has Passionflower and Valerian Root in it. So 3 teas off of the above list. Hmmm, no wonder I enjoy this tea before bed time.

I also enjoy Ginseng Tea, The Republic of Tea makes a Honey Ginseng Tea that I find to be superb. This is a tea that I fix for myself when I get home after an especially stressful day at work. It doesn't make me sleepy, but it does make me feel less stressed.



So when you aren't drinking coffee, what can be found in your mug?

No comments:

Post a Comment